new pc, cheaper version of other post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bdev42

Solid State Member
afternoon. i am looking to buy parts for a pc and put them together myself. i was looking through these forums and found a post that looked like a lot of stuff i wanted but was too much so i did my best to downgrade it and make it cheaper.

case- Newegg.com - Rosewill Blackbone Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
hard drive- Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3500418AS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive (can anyone find a cheaper version for me? i dont need 500gb, 200-250 is good)
ram-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227503
motherboard/cpu-http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.353082
video card/psu-http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.354130

can anyone think of better bang per buck stuff? and any suggestions on hard drive.

I was also wanting to know how this would work. could i play modern warfare two very well with what settings, and also how would empire total war and world of warcraft play if anyone plays these games.

also is there anything else i need to buy to run the computer, or would it work (afer i install it) with just what is on list?

thanks

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD253GJ 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

That's one of the fastest HDD's for about $10 cheaper.

You DO NOT need a 700w PSU for that 5770.
A 500-600w OCZ ModXStream would run it just fine, heck they'd run two just fine.
See if you can find a combo for a 500w-600w to save yourself some money.

You need an operating system, and a disc drive unless you have one laying around.

What's your budget?
I could tailor something up for you.

hi thanks. trying to get under $600, but less would be better.

would system like that run the games i said? how well?

thanks for your help

hi thanks. trying to get under $600, but less would be better.

would system like that run the games i said? how well?

thanks for your help

Whether or not you could play it well depends on the resolution you play at...
How big can your monitor go?

I think the 5770 can probably handle newer games up to 1920x1200 just fine, and with lowered settings can probably handle most newer games at 2560x1600 fine as well.

At the highest graphics settings you can probably get 60+FPS at 1680x1050-1920x1200 on the games you mentioned.

You'd have to look at benchmarks as I'm not 100% sure on that.
I know you'd at least get playable frame rates. So 40~+ FPS at least with the highest graphics settings.

If you overclock your 5770 you can probably handle those games with ease tbqh.

Also if you're buying an OEM Phenom II X3 720, make sure you pick up a cooler for it.
I suggest either a Rifle Cooler for $20-30 or a Cooler Master Hyper 212 for $30-40

(Cooler Master would perform better than the Rifle Cooler, I'm not sure if it's worth the $10 extra or not though.)

orihS ‪‪‪Shiro;1782154 said:
Whether or not you could play it well depends on the resolution you play at...
How big can your monitor go?

I think the 5770 can probably handle newer games up to 1920x1200 just fine, and with lowered settings can probably handle most newer games at 2560x1600 fine as well.

At the highest graphics settings you can probably get 60+FPS at 1680x1050-1920x1200 on the games you mentioned.

You'd have to look at benchmarks as I'm not 100% sure on that.
I know you'd at least get playable frame rates. So 40~+ FPS at least with the highest graphics settings.

If you overclock your 5770 you can probably handle those games with ease tbqh.

Also if you're buying an OEM Phenom II X3 720, make sure you pick up a cooler for it.
I suggest either a Rifle Cooler for $20-30 or a Cooler Master Hyper 212 for $30-40

(Cooler Master would perform better than the Rifle Cooler, I'm not sure if it's worth the $10 extra or not though.)

resolution is 1680x1050, so it sounds like it will do well.

can you link me something where i can research overclocking...i dont know much of it.

for the operating system i have a copy of seven..can u suggest a cd/dvd drive, i dont know much of those either. I may just get the phenom x4 instead of x3 and cooler...sounds like similar price

thank you for all your help.

If you're mainly thinking about gaming and want to cut some of the cost off the budget, I suggest going with a Phenom II X2, and then trying to unlock cores.

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 4X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 24x DVD Burner - Bulk LightScribe Support - CD / DVD Burners
Is a good dvd drive for cheap.

As far as overclocking goes, there is a section on this forum where you can ask all the overclocking questions you can come up with, and board members would be happy to help you. :p
Especially Slaymate XD
Though I'm not sure how much Slay can help with an AMD setup, they're a great person to go to for general overclocking queries.
(If Slay helps you with overclocking be sure to rep him.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom