Tax Return! New Parts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttzu

In Runtime
Hey everyone... it has been some time since I posted on here but my rig is running great! (Thank you Slay for all your help). Tax returns are coming in and I'm getting a nice chunk back and was looking at some new stuff...

New SSD, Water Cooling, New OS

SSD: Newegg.com - Intel X25-M Mainstream SSDSA2M160G2R5 2.5" 160GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - SSD or something equal...
Water Cooling: Petra's Tech Shop or something close both performance and price...
OS: Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - Operating Systems or Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - Operating Systems I'm not that familiar with Windows 7 but I know I am not a huge fan of Vista...
Sound Card: ....? Ideas...

Let me know what you guys think... I might just go for the New SSD and OS right now and Water Cool later... I mean I have a Megahalems that keeps my i7 pretty cool :big_grin:

Edit:I forgot to mention maybe getting a sound card... the MB one is ok but what would be a decent priced/performance one?

You'll be happy with the SSD :D

You'll only need Win7 Professional if you have programs that require WinXP mode, but not games, as it's a "Virtual" mode. The Home Premium version is what most users need :D

I really don't know much about sound cards.

The H2O kit looks good, thou I would look for a kit with a 360 (3x120mm) radiator, or buy all the parts separately. Have you looked at DangerDen

Thanks for the comments guys... I might be happy with air cooled right now but a new SSD and OS are going to be priority! Sound card....maybe....

I wouldn't bother with a sound card unless you've got some rockin speakers or a nice headset.

You must have had some huge tax return. That SSD is soo much! I guess if you can afford it though it will be very nice.

Yea that's a bit much for an SSD drive. Do you really need 160GB? If it's only going to be used to hold your OS and a couple programs I'd def. say get a 30-60 gb and use a standard drive for you files and such. I got my 30gb OCZ for 90 bucks after rebate and it's just enough to hold Win 7, Star Trek Online and some system programs. I moved all my user folders to my 500gb drive and install any other programs to that. Just a suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom