First build doubts :S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deano

Beta member
Hey guys,

Im finally going to start my first build today.

I was wondering if some of the more seasoned builders here could just tell me if my overall component list is all compatible (Dont want to spend money to find out that it's not going to work)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP41-UD3L Socket 775

Processor: Intel Dual Core E6500 2.93Ghz FSB1066 2MB Box 775

Power Output: NOX Urano 600W

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GeForce GT 240 1GB GDDR3

Floppy: Floppy Drive 3 1/2 1.44Mb

DVD/CD: LG GH22LP20 Rewritter LighScribe ATA OEM - Reader/Rewritter

HardDrive: Samsung 320GB SATA2 MASTER

Case: AeroCool VX-R

RAM: (Already Sorted)

Ofcourse on top of this i will add my own fans etc and cooling methods plus a bit of modding and decor.
According to the manufactures websites this should all be more or less compatable but i dont really trust
them as far as i could throw them. Will this all run nicely without any errors etc. ?

Thanks for your help!:big_smile:

So far all those seems compatible, also I see you got RAM already sorted, just make sure it's DDR2. And why get a Floppy Drive? It's outdated unless you have use for it at the moment, but you would be better off with a flash drive (more memory, faster transfer and way smaller).

What are you going to use this computer for? I wouldn't suggest going socket 775 right out of the box unless you are on a very very strict budget. Also, I've never heard of NOX power supplies. Do you have a link?

Sure doesn't have many connectors. You might want to look into a different PSU from a more reputable brand, depends on your overall budget and what you plan on using the computer for though :D

With your sort of budget you'd be better off going AMD and getting an Athlon II processor, over socket 775.

Sorry the NOX power output is spanish (I live in spain) the computers just a basic gaming system, nothing special really, and the floppy drive is only for updating the bios etc.

And budget is REALLY tight, im looking at like 350 Euros

For 350 Euros you can build a great gaming AMD/ATI build that can probably beat the one you posted.

Sorry the NOX power output is spanish (I live in spain) the computers just a basic gaming system, nothing special really, and the floppy drive is only for updating the bios etc.

And budget is REALLY tight, im looking at like 350 Euros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom