Forum Suggestion

MindoverMaster

Golden Master
Other Computer HW Topics

I have noticed that more "tips" and "news" are posted there than support questions about external hardware.

I know Osiris and others are putting in good information. Shouldn't this be put in a sub-forum? Like how you did the XP and Networking forums? Leave the main forum for questions, use the subforum for tweaks, news about updates, etc.

It's just hard to get to those questions nowadays with all this other stuff building up. ;)

Um, I only see a bare minumal tips and news in there, and the news is mainly above gpu drivers and bios stuff.

I just don't see what you are, other than the large amount of external drives.

There is a whole news section btw. And a tips tricks and tutorials for windows.

True, but the tips and stuff get jumbled into the thread :(. Should have some sort of standard, like tips and stuff in each forum where necessary or just keep them out all together. I'm just saying lol, but if not don't matter.

Yes. Only 4-5 threads that are not support questions. In short time, those could skyrocket. Better to do it now than later.

A sub-forum for news and tips/tutorials are not necessary. Like paton said, there are news and tips/tutorials dedicated sections. They're just towards the bottom of the main forum page.

Since the hardware sections are the most active areas around this forum, it's probably why members would post news and tips/tutorials in the "other computer hardware" area. It would get more attention. And much of the news and tips posted in there are "other hardware topic" related anyway. They wouldn't really fit into the building, laptops, overclocking, and troubleshooting sections.

Instead I think it would be a good idea to possibly move the news and tutorials section up higher on the main page.

Yes it is, the forum is call "Other Computer HW Topics "

The drivers that are frying gpus so its a topic on other hardware. There is no GPU specific catagory, its not a laptop, or its about OC'ing, so its deemed hardware. Its not really news, but could fit though, its more of a major warning.

I'm not really sure what you think should be in there, but the topic word means it can be any subject about/related directly to hardware.

Back
Top Bottom