Noob needs URGENT help with system..From UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocnoob

Beta member
Hi guys and many thanks for a great forum.

I urgently need your help as i need to buy a system by tomorrow. I can only buy from two shops - one is ccl computer (CCL Computers - Awarded Best Online Retailer 2008 for PC, PC Components, Laptops, Notebook, Computer Components, Intel Servers, Hard Drives, PC Memory) or Ebuyer.com (Cheap Laptop, Hard Drives, LCD Monitors, TVs, Televisions, Netbooks and more at Ebuyer.com).

I have a max £400, although i am willing to stretch a few quid higher, but only if the paying more means a huge boost to speed.

I've decided to create a spreadsheet with two choice of system builds - ONE BUDGET SYSTEM & ONE PERFORMANCE SYSTEM. The prices are the latest for the two companies, but pls ignore the column on the far right as that was my way of guessing what i could expect to pay for each part.

Due to CCL not having the same components as Ebuyer, I have instead added what ccl sell that is similar in price/performance.

Could you pls tell me if we could bring the price down further, or change components to get extra performance for my money...i prefer that you use Ebuyer's site.

I have a couple of questions too:-

1. Since i will use a seperate gfx card, can i go for a cheaper motherboard, that is okay for overclocking?

2. I've only gone for 2gb ram. But is there a big difference in DDR2 or DD3? For example is DDR2 going to cause any major overclocking issues at a later date?

33145695.gif

Kind Regards

I like the second system with ddr3 memory for the extra 50. Plus a better gpu. I would go for the biostar board versus the foxconn if possible.

My worries is with the power supply you would be getting. The 5750 requires a 450watt psu and generally the psu that comes with a case will be crappy. Most likely you will need to replace it.

The eBuyer high-performance is by far the best one there, within the £400 budget.

Thank u very much Hefemeister & Yamikotai. A couple of questions:-

1. What is difference between a 790 motherboard and lower 7xx models? Is it performance or does it not matter much?

2. Can you check out Cheap Laptop, Hard Drives, LCD Monitors, TVs, Televisions, Netbooks and more at Ebuyer.com and CCL Computers - Awarded Best Online Retailer 2008 for PC, PC Components, Laptops, Notebook, Computer Components, Intel Servers, Hard Drives, PC Memory and recommend anything better? for example cheaper case, but better seperate PSU?

thanks very much

Make sure you don't forget the power supply and a hard drive (if you're not using old components for this).

The second system is hard to beat for the money, though there are cheaper motherboards available like the Gigabytes.

Thank u very much Phrantic & Hefemeister.

@ Phrantic - I already have two 500gb hdds, so for the moment, i don't need anymore.

@ Hefemeister - Thank u, but that price is way too much, so i'll give it a miss

Sorry guys, but i think u accidently missed my earlier questions:-

1. What is difference between a 790 motherboard and lower 7xx models? Is it performance or does it not matter much?

2. would u recommend a different motherboard to the one i got? possibly cheaper without huge performance loss?

Hi guys, just a quick update. I decided to change the system, because even though it was good, i realised that the PSU was very weak and also that i didn't need such an expensive motherboard, especially when i will have my own dedicated gfx card and neither do i plan to add a 2nd sli gfx card.

Since I couldn't wait, I placed the order earlier and I should receive the system by tomorrow. Here are the new specifications:-

AMD II Phenom x4 955 Retail
Kingston 2gb Ddr3 1333mhz Hyperx Memory Cl7(7-7-7-20)
MSI 770-C45 AMD 770
HIS HD 5770 1GB DDR5
Samsung SH-S223 22X
Powwa 600W 12cm Fan >80% High Efficiency PSU
Black/Silver Mid Tower Case with Front Panel

Total cost: £412 + £8 for next day delivery = £420

PLS PLS, do let me know what you think. I just hope that i made the right choice :confused::sweat::umm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom