Computer powers on, but does not boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sycho

Solid State Member
Ok so my computer powers on, but I get no boot. I had recently just swap computer cases with my computer. I took everything out of my old case and moved it one by one into my new case. I reseated my graphics card, my memory, and I even tried the other evga slot. When I boot I get a blue light on my monitor but a black screen when it is pluged into the right DVI port on the gfx card. I have a hdmi port on the mothrboard so i cant exactly hook that up to my non hdmi monitor. I reset the bios and nothing. I reseat the AMD processor and nothing. I unhook the memory and I dont hear beeping... the computer worked fine before I swaped cases last night =[

Nvidia GTX 260
Asus M3N72
AMD Phenom II X4
4g memory

First I would recheck all power connections then I would check for a misplaced riser grounding out the bottom of the motherboard.

If you have a misplaced mb riser under the board (not lining up with the holes) it can ground (make it so it does not work) your board.

You can also try starting it up outside the case as well.

i see a gold spacer underneath the usb/mouse/keyboard ports... so iahvin that bairly touch my mobo will cause it to not work?

would grounding it like this and turning it on wondering why its not working hurt the mobo?

Youre best bet is to tAke it all out of the case and try starting it up whilist on a peice of cardboard.
You'd be surprise how slight a ground has to be to stop it from booting.

Usually it won't hurt startinbg up grounded.

You don't say anything about POST. I'm assuming you can't even see the BIOS click off?
This is maybe a stupid suggestion, but is your monitor set to the correct input (analog/DisplayPort/DVI/etc.)?
It sounds like everything might be working and hooked up - just not displaying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom