Western Digital Passport Essential not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamman715

Baseband Member
For Christmas, I received a Western Digital Passport Essential. It worked in my Desktop and other laptop computers. Afterwards, I bought a Dell Latitude D600 off of eBay. I tried plugging in the drive into my USB port, but there was a power surge. Fixed that, and found another cord. I tried that, but there was another power surge. Many cords later, I found one that works, but it does not recognize the drive, and needs drivers. I scoured Google, but found none. Any suggestions?

Adam

It's USB and if it worked on previous system without the use of installing drivers manually, it seems plug and play. What OS are you running currently? What OS's are installed on the previous systems? Also does it work on other systems now or you just said so because it worked previously?

Hmm not sure what's wrong then.
Important Note: Most WD drives do not include drivers because they use a standard driver built into the operating system. If your driver is built into your operating system or is already installed, and your OS continues to look for a driver, your drive has most likely failed or been damaged and needs to be replaced. See Answer ID 8: How can I replace a product under warranty? for assistance replacing your drive under your warranty.

WD Support > Downloads > My Passport > My Passport Essential

That's all I can find at the moment, guess it already crossed your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom