Cooling Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDevilWithin

Beta member
Inside my computer where the fan is there is a plastic cover directly ontop of the fan directing all of the air straight towards the CPU. What i wanted to know was whether or not it was worth taking off. If i take off the cover all the air the fan blows will spread trough out the computer. If the cover stays on then the air only goes to the CPU. That's the only fan I have inside the computer.

Id leave that there.. if its the only fan in your case ..id keep it for cooling the CPU.... its kind of weird thats its not on the cpu heatsink....is there a heatsink ..(oh god i hope...)
Any way ..id say leave it on ..and if you really want another fan cooling your hardware..upgrade to a new case ..or take on modding the case for a new fan bay. hehe

my comp..
3.01GHz Pentium 4 processor W/ HT
801Mhz Front side bus QDR
768 MB of DDR Ram (PC3200)
ATI Radeon 9200se 128Mb Graphics controller
Raidmax Astro Gaming Case
Thermaltake cooling
1 neon Green light
1 Ultra Violet light

def. leave it on, those plastic duct peices provide fresh cool air from outside the case to circulate straight to your cpu rather than potentially being heated by the rest of your computer prior to your cpu can sucking it in to cool it down. leave it on.

The fan isn't on the cpu exactly instead it's on the back panel of the computer. Ontop of the fan sits a plastic cover that directs the cool air straight toward the heatsink which sits ontop of the CPU. So, yes, there is a heatsink thankfully.

That was put there to help circulate the air inside the case for better cooling effect. I would leave it alone.

or better yet get a fan and mod it on the heat sink and remove the duct. If u left it you would prob get better temps on the cpu but ur mobo would be hotter cuz the only air its getting has already gone through the cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom