How important is it that i backup before installing SP2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
vance43211 said:
(..)microsoft could make a bulletproof OS, but this is the 2000 era, where we have priviledges, not rights (at least here in the US) and the priviledge rule(..)

true, they have 20 years of experience and with every new windows version all bugs and security holes are back again, like they didn't know they have to prevent this, maybe Bill Gates has never learned to write things down...or remember things

Thank God The reasonable people are the ones who have brains and the ones who wont install SP2 unlike For Unreasonable people like .........*###$$$*

maybe Bill Gates has never learned to write things down
Maybe Bill Gates is no longer a closet-programmer and is the semi-retired head of a global corporation that has a devision of excellent programmers which he never sees anymore and who are on the lower end of a string of bureaucracy and global licensing that often restricts them from thinking for themselves?

Every time MS comes out with a new build, it comes with new technology...the byproduct of which is new problems. It's a pain, sometimes...but what do you expect from a company who is leading the market in innovation, rather than dwelling continually on the same stagnating technology?

yeah that is where you learn how to hijack someboby's computer

they give you great detail on a patch, then you can figure it out and circumvent it

that is a hacker's favorite site

vance43211 said:
yeah that is where you learn how to hijack someboby's computer

they give you great detail on a patch, then you can figure it out and circumvent it

ahhh....microsoft *tisk tisk*

dude kevz how old are you? all you do is go around yellin at people to not install sp2 like its the plague, just freakin out but giving no reasoning, i just said "this is me and my experience". and besides if you're getting your "EVERYONE has problems with sp2" deal from this site think about this. THIS IS A TECH HELP FORUM!! people post on here because they have problems. not when all is well and theyre kickin back with a coke. sp2 is an enormous new release that will probly eventually affect most computers in the world of alll diff design and specs, THERES GONNA BE PROBLEMS! so why dont you quit your childish ranting. but if you want to continue looking foolish go ahead.

I hate sp2... i tried installiing it and my computer broke down, crashed, and burned... little exageration... I fixed it... after losing all my info... I'd back up!

It's probably a great thing but not for all computers. I agree with the last poster. It will affect many computers and of course there will be problems.

http://compjason.netfirms.com

I wouldn't think it would be at all necessary, I've upgraded Service Packs dozens of times without backing up.

-Dan The Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom