Power outage Fried MOBO and PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i should return the HD4850 too?? i thought it was a good card, and i got it for 99$. the restocking fee is gonna be about 45$ if i sent everything back+plus i would have to pay for shipping.

to buy new mobo, cpu, and ram, i'll wait till next week for pay day. I have never been an amd fan, but i think i might like it a lot :p

Since we're on the precipice of Thuban, I would say right now is a great time to be an AMD fan.

Phenom II X6 is around the corner... And possibly sporting a price tag of $200-400
Though most estimates I've read people are saying $600?
I say... Why?
If the Phenom II X4 965 Flagship Quad Core CPU is only $150-180
Why should a six core equivalent be $600?
They could just as easily profit at the $400 margin, and at the same time absolutely destroy Intel in price/performance. (Possibly, I'm hoping the X6 will outperform the i5 750, but I doubt it'll take on the 920, 9XX, and it may possibly also fail to take on the 8xx core i7's.)

Either way, if AMD keeps the price point low enough, AMD fans across the globe will be rejoicing :D
I'm excited already after seeing the 8xx chipset motherboards release.

AMD/ATI is turning into quite the tag team to jab Intel and Nvidia in the sides.

Also when you take into account that the Athlon II's are cheaper than many Intel equivalents and in many cases faster, AMD looks very good.

I absolutely love the Athlon II 240 I stuck in my parent's computer.
I have it overclocked to 3.5Ghz 24/7 it never gets above 50C even at full load for hours.
I didn't even have to touch the voltage, in fact, I think I lowered the vcore lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom