HELP! xp install problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbreevesii

Baseband Member
i FINIALLY got my new WD 160 gig sata hdd today. after getting bios to boot to it properly i installed xp. install went well. on the first boot attempt when you finialize your setup, finish setting up files, etc, etc. the old windows problem came back..."unable to find file" Doh! now if this had been 98se i would have no problem with it, but being xp i don't know where to look for the file.

heres what i know, it is called "asms" and it relates to SP1. thats all it told me. can anyone tell me where this file is located? i really need to finish up this install.

my monster pc finially has the storage space it deserves, but not the os it deserves( you could take that to mean XP or Linux, either would be correct)

Thanks.

after about 15 min. of searching i just found that myself...i hate tryin to find stuff on microsoft...just finished printing that out...i'll get back w/ u guys on how it comes out.

hey major, are you a member at www.computer-forums.net or w/e it is? just wondering if its the same person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom