Mouse 'back' and 'forward' buttons are moving two pages at a time

Status
Not open for further replies.

cojiro

Beta member
All,

I just got a new Alienware TactX mouse for my laptop, and after installing the drivers and software, I tried setting the side buttons to Back and Forward navigation functions (web-browsing). They work, but they navigate two pages at a time. I spoke with tech support, who seem clueless, and have downloaded and reinstalled updated drivers and everything I could think of. Any ideas?

Alienware M15x
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Have you looked through the settings to see if how much pages it scrolls? I know that on the Dell PC here, it has the software to configure the Dell mouse and buttons.

Also welcome to Tech Forums :).

Thanks :) Yes, I have. That's how I configured the buttons to begin with, but there aren't any options. I forgot to mention, in Windows Explorer, they work properly. It's only in the web browsers (IE8 and Chrome) that they behave this way. I can't find any related setting.

Thanks :) Yes, I have. That's how I configured the buttons to begin with, but there aren't any options. I forgot to mention, in Windows Explorer, they work properly. It's only in the web browsers (IE8 and Chrome) that they behave this way. I can't find any related setting.

Quite possibly you didn't need to configure those two buttons for back and forward.
They may have already been mapped for it with the web browsers, so when you configured them for back and forward using secondary software, you binded it twice.
Causing it to do 2 backs and 2 forwards in web browsers.

Try taking off the setting you configured for those buttons to be back and forward with that secondary software you used.
Then try to use the buttons in a browser and see if it only does 1 page.

That's just my idea/guess.

orihS ‪‪‪Shiro;1781028 said:
Quite possibly you didn't need to configure those two buttons for back and forward.
They may have already been mapped for it with the web browsers, so when you configured them for back and forward using secondary software, you binded it twice.
Causing it to do 2 backs and 2 forwards in web browsers.

Try taking off the setting you configured for those buttons to be back and forward with that secondary software you used.
Then try to use the buttons in a browser and see if it only does 1 page.

That's just my idea/guess.

:lol:Whaddaya know. Worked. I changed it initially because I use them backwards (I like the button furthest forward to be the back button) and have it set that way on my desktop mouse. I tried to see if the functions were already bound, and on the default settings those buttons are opposite to my usual, so obviously clicking the factory bound 'forward' button wouldn't make it go back--mapping them manually makes them do it twice.

Thanks for the help guys. joelm, I'm gonna try the software you suggested and see if it can swap them without the errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom