Video VPU Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeap.. did you just install the drivers from the cd that came with it? or were you planning on an update.. there's always fuss about the best drivers, so iono..

woah.. right on, welp nevermind then.. should try updating sometime, you might notice a difference

yea i dont know what solved my problem so i couldnt tell ya. people are freakin out about sp2 sayin it messes stuff up so thats up to you. it works fine for me, but thats just me. so all i can tell you is that i reinstalled my os onto a new hard drive, got sp1&2....umm i have the new 4.9 catalyst drivers. but who knows what did it, not me. the overdrive thing is pretty cool, it came with my card but you can download it off the ati site, so then you can enable that. what that does is overclock your card just a little when it sees you need a boost. and its well regulated so its not gonna hurt it. its called control center i think. not sure it will support the 9600 im pretty sure it supports from 9700 on. good luck

Well i just played bf1942dc for a while, no vpu errors.

I had that error with sp2, so i wiped my drive and no sp2 right now, i had tried all the cat drivers, from 3.7-4.9, with fastwrite off. I went back and cleaned everything ati off my pc, and went back to cat 3.7, i have heard it works better with older cards. I installed 4.9, i wasnt impressed.

Oh well, we'll see what happens.

have you tried bringing down some of your settings in the game? but maybe its just too much and the drivers are kinda buggy and instead of the system slowing down the fps the video card quits. bring down resolution and textures and whatnot.

I can give that a try. But this vpu error is new. I have been playing bf1942dc, and many other games for over a year with the same comp, and nothing like this before. So I dont know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom