Budget General Use Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
That antec is pretty good, but the sparkle is better and is only $3 more. Sparkle isn't a very famous brand, but its mentioned in the http://www.techist.com/forums/f75/read-first-updated-power-supply-guide-221773/ under the "Reputable, But harder to find" section. As you can see below, the sparkle offers more amps pretty much on all rails.

Antec Basiq 350watt:
+3.3V@20A,+5V@20A,+12V1@10A,+12V2@13A,-12V@0.3A, +5VSB@2.5A
Sparkle 350watt:
+3.3V@22A,+5V@21A,+12V1@18A,+12V2@16A,-12V@0.3A, +5VSB@2.0A

Thanks man that guide was very helpful. i hadn't heard of Sparkle so I kinda assumed it was something similar to hec or another crap brand. Unfortunately I already ordered the Antec but i will consider Sparkle on another build for sure.

Thanks man that guide was very helpful. i hadn't heard of Sparkle so I kinda assumed it was something similar to hec or another crap brand. Unfortunately I already ordered the Antec but i will consider Sparkle on another build for sure.

Your calling HEC a crap brand makes me sad. :'<

I've known many a 585w HEC PSU to run some very impressive rigs...

i5 750 + 9800 GTX+
Phenom II X4 955 + 4850

etc...

For only $30 I wouldn't go so far as to say "crap"
I would say less than reputable, because they don't usually output more than 400-420w under full load.
However.
Generally, that's enough for single GPU setups with low power draw, and I've heard of quite a few people using HEC 585w's with single GPU setups for 3 years or so.

For only $30 it's a steal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom