SlipStreaming SP3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willie2

Solid State Member
I have a XP home CD without any SP's, can I SlipStream SP3 to
this CD or do I have to have SP1 or SP2 already on the disk???

You still need sp1 and sp2. SP3 doesn't include those updates. so if you do slipstream it, you will need to do all of them

I Slipstreamed SP3 onto my XP Home that doesn't have any SP's on it &
I installed it, So far it works, It shows in system properties but doesn't
show in "Add or remove programs" will this be a problem?? Also after the
install I still had about 60 updates & I only installed the security & critical.
Any comments???

The last time I installed XP home I tried installing SP3, but it wouldn't let me, it said I had to have a copy of SP1 or SP2 on before I could install
SP3, but with the SlipStreaming I only installed SP3, so I guess doing it this way you don't need the othe SP's?? I guess I'll have to wait & see???

Ya I guess you can wait and see. How I viewed it is, since you Slipstreamed it, it has become part of the OS. Which would result in 1 installation and no uninstalling (just like you cannot "uninstall" the OS). All the other updates are probably updates from SP1 and SP2 that you don't have.

Are you saying I won't be able to uninstall it, wouldn't it uninstall if I use Killdisk??

What I mean by uninstall is normal uninstalling process as in taking of a program from Windows or any other OS. What you are talking about, is reformatting or deleting the whole partition. That's something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom