CPU usage percent went sky rocket for jus opening videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC magnum

Baseband Member
CPU usage percent went sky rocket for jus opening videos

symthoms:
- when opening videos.... cpu usage is 70 - 85% and loud noise coming from pc case, likely cpu area.

- when opening video editing programs..... same thing happend.

- at random times when move mouse every inch will have different actions... like move mouse and it will click start menu from desktop, move again and it will highlight something on browser, move again and it will open something ect....

- mouse have 1.4sec pause every 5,6,7 minutes.

- at rare time when scrolling browser.... loud noise coming from pc case..... when stop.... noise gone.

anyone know what cause these symthoms? whats going on?

Sounds like a classic case of overheating to me. Check that the cpu fan is unobstructed, this involves a bit of cable management and cleaning out the heatsink of dust and debris. Remounting the heatsink with some new thermal compound may also help, if you already know how or have the confidence to try. For a quick fix/quick way to find if this is the cause, take the side panel off your case and point a desk fan or a pedestal fan towards the motherboard.

yeah overheating is what i think so far too.

but..... when i turn off the computer and 10 hours come back and turn on..... it will still happend even when the computer and fresh boot up and nice cool temp. or when a compute ris overheat/dust.... when it is damaged and infected..... it will be permanently affected? thats why even when turn on freshly it will still happend? cause its already been infected by overheating damage?

i never take out heatsink before. kindda dont want to but if it takes to fix it.. i might try to take it out and clena and clue back on.

follow this link,
Jsyte :: Replace a CPU's Heatsink and Fan
It may help to replace and apply new thermal solution and also you try to clean the fan with some type of brush..

i already finished cleaning the cpu/heatsink a whle ago and it still have mouse pause at random time.

heres what i did:
- took out heatsink
- mistakely unscrew frame which leads to make plate loose on bottom of motherboard
- clean old thermal paste from cpu and heatsink
- put new thermal paste
- clean dust and everything
- cpu and heatsink slide back and forth since cant screw due to plate on bottom loose, cpu and heatsink came off 1 time then slam back on
- took out motherboard and retrieve the plate
- screw plate and frame together
- now put everything back to normal

boot up..... still same problem.... mouse pause for 1sec every random time. so i tried taking out video card see if its the video card that cause it.... boot up without video card now when i move my mouse, its not smooth it will have a bit of lagg even scroll pages and i do notice random pause. then put video card back and mouse is smooth but then random pause still occur.

i dont know whats the problem now. cleaned cpu and put new thenral paste and still same problem. what could it be? what could cause the random mouse pause?

oh yeah i also notice my psu turn "turbo mode" itself after all that. my psu features turbo mode. it supose to normal mode at default. i even tried pressing the button to normal mode on the back of the psu but it still on turbo mode. turbo mod emakes fan spin higher and higher noise.

any idea?

oh and do i put new thermal paste again? or im good? thermal paste i jus put turns out to be a bit dry though due to no bolts and slide back and forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom