Processor Core 1 Temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZorrosRage

In Runtime
I have had heating issues with my processor and cant figure out why. I even tried changing the thermal paste. This is the info according to Speed Fan

System: 35c
CPU: 38C
Aux:30C
HD0:29C
Core 0: 46C
Core 1: 53C

I have been experiencing crashes during some games, and I think its my processor temp. Everything will run fine then my whole comp just shuts down after like 5min in game.

Oh almost forgot to post my system.
Core 2 Duo E7200 2.53
ASUS P5Q Pro (motherboard)
4gig ram
ATI Radion 4850

Check the base of the heatsink and the top of the cpu heatspreader for flatness. You may need to lap one or possibly both of them.

Check the base of the heatsink and the top of the cpu heatspreader for flatness. You may need to lap one or possibly both of them.

I had the same temps before I just reapplied the thermal paste. When i did i made sure the processor was clean from previous paste and heat sink was clean. Even after everything was lined up nicely and secure. I think that's what you ment

No, I mean you need to check the flatness of the two metal surfaces that are squeezing the thermal paste. If the base of the heatsink is slightly rounded, dented or pitted (small holes or large scratches) then it may not be making full contact with the top of the cpu. And the top of the cpu may be rounded or have small dents that keep it from making good contact with the heatsink. Or they both could be slightly rounded or dented.

You can use a razor from a utility knife (new razor) or a good metal ruler to check for flatness. If you see any gaps, no matter how small you should start lapping or consider buying a replacement.

the processor cores stay the same temp while idol and running WoW with max setting. I think im getting a fatly reading. Is there another good cpu temp program i could use?

You can try HWMonitor CPUID

It gives the same temperatures. I just tried it. The odd part is that the temp for my cores dont change so i know its not reading them right. Its the same with a load or not.

Do you know a free program to put stress on the processor to see if that's the issue or the game I'm trying to play.

My CPU Temp idol is 38-40c which is not bad so i don't see why my cores are so much hotter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom