Home Network anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trev186

Beta member
Hi,

I recently set up a wireless network on my home computer mainly to act like a server which I can access from any of my laptops in my home. The main benefit is I have it sharing the external hardrives so I can use over 800 gigs on my laptop without connecting and moving the hardrives around plus access the files I have on my desktop.

I want to take this a step further and be able to access these files from any computer anytime as long as I have internet access. I know this is similar to file sharing/file hosting but I want to find out how to set it up myself.

My main goal is to be able to enter a password and have access to my desktop anywhere and view the files I have there. (really hoping to have access to them through my Nexus one)

If you can give me any pointers it would be great.

I don't think RDC will work outside of home network and I think he wants to be able to connect to his network at home and use the shared files over the internet.

LogMeIn has a free VPN (virtual Private Network) that you can set up which will allow you to access you home network from anywhere in the world as if you were sitting inside of your house.

Check this out to help you get going

I'm not really sure about doing it through the Nexis....

Hope this helped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom