Whats so great about Laptops?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer a nice, powerful desktop
for gaming, I agree. the cost of a laptop to match the speed is outrageous. Lexluethar made a good point too about the repair.

Gaming laptops are getting cheaper and cheaper.

Yes my laptop is not as powerful as my desktop for gaming, but i can still run all my games
maxed out with no lag. Being deployed i dont have many options, and this laptop has been very good to me.

Well I have some time to elaborate on something DTR's and Mobile Workstations -

DTR's the hulking knee breakers that only classify as a laptop because of the form factor are in my mind useless, for the money you could get a cheep mobile laptop and a rather capable desktop for the same price, at one point they where quite a fashon item but where a nightmare battery life lasting in seconds and crappy processors and questionable integrated graphics in a "performance" machine.

However serious mobile workstations can be worth the money, for instance my Thinkpad W700ds is a true workstation, what it lacks in battery power it makes up for with power under the hood, and quality components, for instance I have a quadro graphics card two hard drives 8gb ram and a serious processor. It is not designed for mobile entertainment although it can do that very well, what I want in something massive and atleast more portable than my desktop is contained in one unit. If I had to rely on this for a primary computer I would and have while I have been deployed and i can still run 4 VM's at full pelt before I have any real issues.

I prefer my desktop, too. But people like the "portability" some laptops offer (I don't consider a 17"+ behemoth very portable :tongue:)

the 17" laptops are not as bad as they used to be. It i did not go back to Desktop again, I was considering about picking up a 17" laptop myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom