New Motherboard, No Display Though. Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright. I'll see if I can pull that off. I think I've solved the problem now, pretty sure. Thanks for all your help everyone! I really appreciate it.

http://www.directron.com/15agpguide.html

According to this the GeForce 2 MX should work. I don't understand...I've already spent more money then I was suppost to and I dont want to find out if I buy another video card that it wasnt video card problems but something else....then I'm left with a new video card I dont need......

Alright I'm about to go to my friends house to test to see if his NVIDIA GeForce 5200 FX AGP 8X will give me monitor display. If so, like vance43211 was saying, I will then go into the BIOS and find the setting to where I can enable PCI video cards, which means hopefully I will be able to return home and my PCT ATI Radeon 7000 32MB card will work.

If that's not the problem....what could it be then?

I.m Thinking that if you borrow you friend agp and reset your bios, then your should work

Most Agp mobo's maker don't expect you to use pci video

Alright, I think so too. Even if this works....I can still probably buy a newer AGP 4x card instead of an 8x and I'm assuming that would also work too.

Resetting the bios would be changing one of the jumpers...then putting it back, right? It's in my motherboard booklet I believe.

no

it was say something like

video Agp

and you would to highlite it and hit enter to change it

it say something else after video, i don't remember what though

Alright, thanks.

Going over in about an hour...testing a NVIDIA GeForce 5200 FX AGP, which I believe is AGP 8x, either way though it should work, then I will change the BIOS setting so that my PCI card will work. Thanks for the help.

Raphael Argus said:
If all else fails, I just had this happen last month, be 100% sure your motherboard is NOT touching anything metal inside the case. Remove the board and reinstall it, be sure to use the plastic ground screws that they send you with the board. This is EXACTLY what happened to me.

I've noticed my motherboard will just turn off if it comes in contact. So when I've been testing it I try to leave it somewhat out of the case. Just now though....it turns off like no mater if there is metal or not...I guess it's just being random but I hope this does not happen....I'm going to my friends house to test out this card the board better work. I've been trying to get this running for a week now, and really starting to be really annoying.

Well I tried it and guess what...still did the same thing!! Still no display!! and the motherboard has been acting up power wise. That orange light that was on the GeForce 2 MX I found out is suppost to be there, so that would should have worked. This is the second defective motherboard I have recieved. You wont believe how many times I've gone back to the computer store this is such BS. Worst experience ever and now I'm screwed I cant spend anymore money. I'm sending an e-mail to see if still have a warranty on the board, I believe I do. But that means I have to sent it and and all, and wait even longer. Like I said....worst experience ever for upgrading. :angry: :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom