DDR resulting in "no signal"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMarcDee

Baseband Member
I tried to replace my two 256mb sticks of sdram with two 512mb sticks of ddr ram that I got, but when I put in the ddr and powered on, the monitor says there is no signal. I have tried only one stick at a time and I have tried plugging my monitor into both my video card and the regular plug-in but it always says no signal. The ram is the right kind to be supported by my motherboard(266mhz pc2100 184 pin ddr). Anybody got any ideas?

Matsonic MS9327E+(USB) 2.4 ghz
128mb GeForce FX 5600

Well, I remember once that happened to me with my older computer. I got no signal. The problem was that I didn't plug the RAM in correctly. Make sure it is plugged all the way in and it is the right side. And when you plug it all the way in, make sure you feel a click.

Don't the clips on the side only clip on if its pushed in all the way? and no I didn't put ddr into sdram slots I put them in ddr slots

thats what I first thought but I didn't see anything in bios and the book doesn't say anything either

ohGrFreak said:
you mobo has both sdram and ddr? my head hurts.

My dad has a motherboard that supports both types, but if you have this, DONT USE BOTH TYPES AT ONCE. The reason why my dad bought one that supported SDRAM and DDR is because he had almost a 1GB of SDRAM and did not want it to go to waste, so he bought a motherboard that supported both. You cant have SDRAM and DDR plugged in at the same time though...it wont boot.

Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom