Rip off England

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow thats pretty weak, seems like theyre screwin themselves. not givin companies much incentive to do business in or with england. because eventually ppl (like you) are just gonna use the internet.

Originally posted by Shadow****,
i doubt they organised 9/11 to further their own plans, what plans exactly? there's only so much a sane person would do for power and money and organising the death of a lot of innocent ppl isn't one of them, and i'm sure it would look bad for bush as he can't even secure his own country
i'm not random, i'm beyond your comprehension thats all, there's a logic to my madness
Yay for Shoobie! Another person with an ounce of intelligence has spoken his peace. Sometimes stupid ideas just can’t go without being dealt with. This is the first time I’ve read this thread and I feel happy, knowing that someone else can actually comprehend these weak excuses for a post. As for trying to get beyond someone’s comprehension on this site.. you will be flamed for stupidity. So while you “origanise” you thoughts while searching through your dictionary on cd-rom, remember, there’s always someone better than you.

FoxyLoxy said:
wow thats pretty weak, seems like theyre screwin themselves. not givin companies much incentive to do business in or with england. because eventually ppl (like you) are just gonna use the internet.

The UK does plenty of international trading thanks.

Did u know the USA is Britains biggest exporter.

Seeing as this thread seems to contain about 50 different topics and i've not posted yet i'd thought i'd share this:)

Quite an interesting read

What are Britain's main
Trade and Industries?
Britain's traditional industries included iron and steel production, coal mining and textiles.
The UK has large coal, natural gas, and oil reserves; primary energy production accounts for 10% of GDP, one of the highest shares of any industrial nation.

Britain is the fourth largest trading nation in the world. Computers and robots have taken over much of the work people used to do by hand. Japanese car makers have built factories in Britain and now employ many people.

London is an important financial center of Europe and the world's largest insurance market.
GDP (GDP at current market prices, 2002): £1.04 trillion=($1.60 trillion).
Annual growth rate (2001): 2.0%.
Per capita GDP (2002): £16,428 ($25,300).

Industry
Our main industries today are banking and finance, steel, transport equipment, oil and gas, and tourism.
Types of Industry
Steel, heavy engineering and metal manufacturing, textiles, motor vehicles and aircraft, construction (5.2% of GDP), electronics, chemicals.

Industries in each area of England

Exports
Exports of goods and services - £185.9 billion
Products: manufactured goods, fuels, chemicals; food, beverages, tobacco.

The chemical industry is Britain's largest export earner. British Petroleum (BP) is Britain's biggest industrial company.

UK pharmaceutical companies make three of the world's best selling medicines: 'Zantac' (made by Glaxo Wellcome) for ulcer treatment; 'Tenormin' (ICI), a beta-blocker for high blood pressure; and 'AZT' (Glaxo Wellcome), a drug used in the treatment of AIDs.

Britain is also a major supplier of machinery, vehicles, aerospace products, electrical and electronic equipment. Britain is responsible for 10 per cent of the world's export of services, including banking, insurance, stockbroking, consultancy and computer programming.

Export Partners (2002):
US 15.5%,
Germany 11.2%,
France 9.4%,
Ireland 8%,
Netherlands 7.1%,
Belgium 5.2%,
Italy 4.4%,
Spain 4.3%

Imports
Imports of goods and services - £214.4 billion:
Products: manufactured goods, machinery, fuels, foodstuffs.

Food, beverages and tobacco account for half of non-manufactured imports, whilst machinery and road vehicles account for two-thirds of finished imported manufactures. Other major imports include chemicals, fuels, clothing and footwear.

Import Partners (2002):
Germany 12.9%,
US 11.9%,
France 7.8%,
Netherlands 6.3%,
Belgium 5%,
Italy 4.4%

Natural resources:
Coal, oil, natural gas, tin, limestone, iron ore, salt, clay, chalk, gypsum, lead, silica.

Wasn't a stab at anyone or thing just seems like poor old blighty gets a raw deal from everyone these days, including British folk!
Yea it's got its faults but theres alot worse places to live in the world!

Just wish it didn't rain so much:(

ShoobieRat said:
You know...Hitler believed himself "beyond public comprehension" too. (Note: You can replace "Hitler" with the name of nearly any other infamous person in history.)

i'm not gonna go killing jews, dont worry :p

Demalii said:
Originally posted by Shadow****,

Yay for Shoobie! Another person with an ounce of intelligence has spoken his peace. Sometimes stupid ideas just can’t go without being dealt with. This is the first time I’ve read this thread and I feel happy, knowing that someone else can actually comprehend these weak excuses for a post. As for trying to get beyond someone’s comprehension on this site.. you will be flamed for stupidity. So while you “origanise” you thoughts while searching through your dictionary on cd-rom, remember, there’s always someone better than you.

how ironic that in the same sentence you mention dictionary you spell organise wrong.
thankfully everyone else has a sense of humour and can take my comments in the manner with which they were meant.

hey shadow.. if you take a look at my post, you'll see that I quoted you spelling organize wrong.. you dolt, where do you get off cutting half my post off and trying to prove me wrong?! You've made yourself look even more like an idiot. *bows* thanks for helping us all make you feel more stupid! And I too have a sense of humor, but I leave that for when people realize they've been made a fool of, and I just help them to feel worse, eat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom