[floppy disk no ID address mark found]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twincol

Beta member
Trying to copy 1999 3 1/2 disk photos to DVD.

Am unable to get to the floppy copies as the [floppy disk no ID address mark found] message comes back at me. Doubtless the solution is simple, but apparently even I'm not simple-minded enuf to find the solution on my PC. :umm: Frankly, I was grateful to find that my used PC from my employer had a floppy drive on it, as my laptop doesn't even know what a 3 1/2 inch floppy is.

I'm running Windows XP Professional. All I want to do is read/copy/paste to another media.

Can someone help or tell me where to go to learn how to solve it?

TIA,
Linda

Some additional information . . . the disks are Kodak picture disks. They have instructions on the face of them for Widows 3.1 and Windows 95/98. It wants me to install the Kodak program, of course. But every time I place the disk in the drive it reacts as if the disk isn't formatted, asking me if I want to format it. Duh! NO-O-O!! There are photos on it.

When I attempt to search it freezes EVERY program or reader or something, informing me that the program is not responding. So I click the close program icon on the top of the program and it just all goes away.

I am feeling SO invisible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom