Best MOBO for - AMD * Gaming and Audio * O/Cing * Upgradeability * $80-120

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.Nash

Solid State Member
Hoping you could point me to some mobo's that best meet these needs:

* AMD
- I heard AMD 64 is the best? If so then one that meets that. Also looking for around 3000 and up (is 3000 - 3ghz?)

* Gaming and Audio
- I like my games. I'm looking into buying a Radeon X800 XT
- I also do semi-pro music production.

* O/Cing
- This seems to be all the rage these days. Not too familiar with it, but will read up on it when I have the hardware.

* Upgradeability
- If possible I'd like to keep the mobo for a good while, and last me to another upgrade (ie to 4ghz)

* $80-120
- Around this price range would be great. If not possible please mention highers ones.

Please feel free to post a couple of options.

And thank you very much for your expertise =]!!!

I agree.
Also i recommend a SoundBlaster AudigyZS Platinum Pro 7.1 HighDEF. You might want to look into a Geforce 6800GT if your wallet is tight. The X800 XT is a bit pricey.

3000+ is not 3 ghz, but the equivelant in performance to atleast 3 ghz in an intel based system, AMD made the system up to help people choose performance over numbers. also might i suggest the av8 3rd-eye it seems to get really good reviews on overclocking has good onboard audio, and ethernet. however it seems to have trouble apparently with 90nm AMD processors, so be careful, and look for 130nm(i think) manufactured processors. good luck man, i am currently in the same stage you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom