what motherboard Acer Aspire use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC magnum

Baseband Member
what motherboard acer aspire m5100 desktop use?

im trying to find out what motherboard it use so that i can know if it support 8gb ram or not.

last time i tried installing Corsair XMS2 x2 1gb and x2 2gb... total of 6gb on 64bit os and it wont boot.

According to this:
Acer Support - Aspire M5100 Specifications

It has a maximum capacity of only 4GB.

no way! omg!!!! nooo! cant be!

last few few time i google around and all says maxmimum of 8gb! and i even went to crucial and kingston site and scan comp and it says max 8gb!

no wayyy!!! is this foreal? so this is the trustful site that tells max 4gb? omg this is acer site itself! but how?? if i remember right few times ago i even check acer site and it says 8gb max!

mannn.... so its max 4????? no fffreaking wonder i cant install 6gb on both visa 64bit and windows 7 64bit!

heyyyyyyyyyyyy check this it says 8gb! http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=Aspire M5100 whats up??? which to believe? did crucial site lie? vice versa?

I did a bit of searching around, and a majority does say that the Aspire m5100 supports 8GB of memory. I think the Acer site failed to note that 4GB would be the max for a 32bit OS (although really 3.25GB), and 8GB is the max it supports for 64bit.

When you say "it won't boot", it just hangs after the POST screen? Have you tried testing the memory sticks to make sure they're not faulty?

Also, do you really need 8GB of RAM? It would just be a waste if you're using the computer for general purposes, even gaming.

Acer motherboard

Scenario - 6GB + wont work when you tried.

Sites wondered:
Crucial
Acer

What would you believe? If it doesn't work with the board and Acer site said it won't work...then it won't work. They made the board, they know.

Edit: Ya most sites say 8GB max, which implies 64bit, but just saying if the board wasn't meant for 4+GB...possibility? And b1gapl is trying to figure out the probs, so check what he says lol.

I did a bit of searching around, and a majority does say that the Aspire m5100 supports 8GB of memory. I think the Acer site failed to note that 4GB would be the max for a 32bit OS (although really 3.25GB), and 8GB is the max it supports for 64bit.

When you say "it won't boot", it just hangs after the POST screen? Have you tried testing the memory sticks to make sure they're not faulty?

Also, do you really need 8GB of RAM? It would just be a waste if you're using the computer for general purposes, even gaming.

so you saying you believed it supports 8gb for 64bit os?

when i said it wont boot.... it just black out. i install 2x 1gb and 2x 2gb, all four sticks is Corsair XMS2 pc2 6400... boot up.... computer have sound and light on power button but screen is black out. ive tried both vista 64bit and windows7 64it and all the same. black out.

Have you tried booting with just 2x1 or 2x2, or even one at a time? It's possible one of them could be faulty, which could be the cause of your computer not booting.

Have you tried booting with just 2x1 or 2x2, or even one at a time? It's possible one of them could be faulty, which could be the cause of your computer not booting.

oh forgot to give info on that.

yes i have confirmed that all sticks are not faulty. i put just 2x 1gb and boot fine. put only 2x 2gb and boot fine. yeah ive tried 1 at a time and still dont work.

then on 32bit os.... i put all 2x 2gb, 2x 1gb total of 6gb.... and boot fine and it says 3,222mb or 3,666mb which is normal for 32bit yet no problem.

all sticks are not faulty. so i guess acer site is right? only support 4gb max?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom