disk defragmenting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkphotoguy

Baseband Member
Hey there Why is it when i defrag my computer half the time part of my drive is left fragmented and my computer says that it is done the defrag. and yes i do have more that 15% free space

I use Piriform Defraggler, it's free and it does a great job, it shows you a lot more info than the Windows one (which gets worse each new version of Windows for some stupid reason) and it defrags to 0% most of the time, if you have restore points or operating system files in use it has to skip these (easy way is to just delete old restore points you'll never need to free up space and get rid of the fragmented files in them).

I use Piriform Defraggler, it's free and it does a great job, it shows you a lot more info than the Windows one (which gets worse each new version of Windows for some stupid reason) and it defrags to 0% most of the time, if you have restore points or operating system files in use it has to skip these (easy way is to just delete old restore points you'll never need to free up space and get rid of the fragmented files in them).

really? everytime I defragment with it, it goes down by like 1-4% and that's it (last time went from 25% to 21% :| )

I've always used Auslogics disk defreg. It's decent, free, and it was originally the program that Windows XP used as defacto. I also use and like Diskeeper Pro, but it isnt free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom