Different RAM???

Status
Not open for further replies.

1badcj8

Baseband Member
I'm wondering if DDR 333 and DDR 400 can work on the same board IF of course they are not used together. IE... I have DDR 333 ram now, 2 gigs of it but I'm replacing my MamaBoard with everything the same basically except the new boards standard is DDR 400 but really don't want to buy new ram also if I don't have to... Hence my question??

Thanks a bunch in advance and I hope this isn't to bad of a new guy question :)...

Dan

The one that just crapped out is a A7N8X-X that I have run for 5 years now and the one I'm getting is a A7V600. Yeah I know they are both old but so is the rest of my system, well "PC old" any way, at least the 600 is a new one.

And of course I know I could update and all that stuff and get new but I'm not ready or wanting to spend that kind of dough so I'll band aid it one more time...lol.

Sweet Hefe thats what it is... Thanks a bunch for the info. I kinda figured it would be OK but clearly didn't know for sure. When my buddy and I built this thing 5 years or so ago it was killer fast, now its a dinasour...lol. But thats just the way it is.

Re: Different RAM??? Again...

Oooooops looks like I asked this backwards... I have DDR 400 and the new board is standard DDR 333. So it looks like I'd need the 400 to work on the 333 board...

Any problems there???

Sweet good to know... I had not gotten the board yet so I got a used version of what I had. That with a processor and vid card for 34 clams I figured its worth a shot. I know used is probably as good as what I have but I decided to take the risk first. Thanks a bunch guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom