How Cold is too Cold for a CPU...if it can be too cold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninetynine

Solid State Member
Hey fellow modders and overclockers ... i need to know how cold a CPU can get ...i always thought ...the colder the better...but i was never sure ..and would officialy like to know....

Ex. 19.5C is the lowest ive had my CPU go.. Not over clocked or anything. is that too low ..or lower the better?.. CPU specs below

Can anyone help ? THANKS

My comp specs
3.01GHz Pentium 4 processor with HT
800Mhz Front side bus northbridge
768 MB of DDR Ram (PC3200)
ATI Radeon 9200se 128Mb Graphics controller
Raidmax Astro Gaming case
1 green neon light
1 ultra violet light
Cooler master - Aerogate II

There was a thread in the hardware section of some one ocing their pentinum to 5ghz and cooling it with liquid nitrogen. I really dont think there is a too cold temp for chips.

Yeah it was toms hardware guide that used liquid nitrogen, -191C I believe the CPU was but there was frost crystals on it which aren't good lol. Motherboard monitor has an alarm for a 'too cold' temperature, but there really is no such thing. Phase change cooling gets your CPU and NB down to like -45 degrees and that in no way hurts your system.

yeah i figured ..condensation would be very bad ...and i care about my comp ..more so then other things..

my cooling system is very simple .. i use 2 exhaust fans and 2 intake fans (there all only 2500 RPM ..so there not loud at all) CPU Fan is a ThermalTake Spark 7+ hooked up to my Cooler Master Aerogate II..i keep it at about 3000 RPMs..its all about the air pressure inside your case ...But the thing the cools the cpu the most is my custom ventilation system .. that blows 32F air stright into the cpu fan....works like a charm and is very quite.
I havent pushed it full strenght (blowing 25F onto the cpu) yet cause i didnt want to freeze my cpu .... but since these response.. i'll give it a shot...heheh

Thanks eveyone

Yea Cooler is much better. I had an AMD Athlon XP 2600+ Barton(1.92) running at 2.3(3200+) and it didnt move from 47degC.! All i had was a Thermaltake 11 Xasier edition.

just got my 35w 2400+ XP-M up from 1.8GHz to 2.5 and it's running 33C Idle right now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom