Won't boot from cd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
I need to re install windows and it refuses to boot from cd. I go into Bios on my E757 and put Optical Drive as #1. It will sit on the loading screen saying Booting from Cd: _ for about an hour before I restart. Any ideas. Optical drive is plugged in correctly and it does work in another computer. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated since my Win7 RC is up March 1st.

I got it to work. For some reason it wouldn't let me partition. Copying files back now and will do the partition tomorrow... or Saturday. Is it easy to partition off your OS from other installs/Files?

EDIT: I guess not installs but... The files and folders such as my documents and all that I want a different partition.

Decided to partition before installing anything and copying files...

30gb for Win7
20gb for Ubuntu Ultimate Edition
and then whats left over for installs and files.

That sound reasonable?

I would like a bit more for my win7 drive just so I would not have to manage it as much. At least 60gb if not 80 to 100.

My windows 7 partition is 150 gigs. The rest of that 500gb drive is for games and programs. I then have my 1tb drive in several partitions. 100gb for an os then i want to experiment with at the time, currently there is no os on it, only about 70gigs of media i need to burn to disk and get off the drive. There is also 2 40gig partitions, one for drivers, and small programs installs that i use regualarly, the other for pictures. Then the rest of the drive is one large partition where i keep all my documents that i want to keep, and media. Mostly filled up with movies and tv shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom