Monitor Screen Goes "Fuzzy" THE REVENGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

calimer

Solid State Member
This is in regards to an old topic, but here is the story:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/monitor-screen-goes-fuzzy-208085/

Hi, my monitor frequently goes fuzzy and it is tough to see anything. But if I have it on 1280X1024 (the usual setting) and I switch it to 1280X960 the fuzziness goes away. However eventually it will be come fuzzy at 960 and I can switch to 1024 and the fuzzy goes away. This cycle has been going on for a bit and I was wondering if any had any suggestions for me to try. I did try some other monitors but they can't go up to that resolution, though this monitor has gone fuzzy as lower resolutions to, so I do think it is the monitor and not the GPU. The monitor is a SyncMaster 900SL (CSM92*).

An update to this story is that I now have a new graphics card but the monitor still goes fuzzy! It is driving me crazy but it seems so strange that I can keep switching between the resolutions to rid the problem, temporarily. Of course I could just buy a new monitor but I'd like to get more use out of this one if possible.

Insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time!
-mike

Look and see if the monitor has a "degauze" option. That could very well straighten it out.

Thanks so much for the suggestion and I did find the degause option in my monitor and used it but it doesn't seem to have any effect. I'm not sure if this helps but when 1280X960 is blurry and I switch to 1280X1024 it is always clear immediately, but when I have to switch back to 1280X960 I have to wait a while for the "fuzz" to clear up. I actually have a completely new computer now and graphics (for three total using this monitor) so it really has to be with the monitor haha. Thanks everyone for your help! Take care.
-mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom