Boot to cd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DyNaStY336

In Runtime
Me Girlfriends father installed some new ram into her computer and ever since he put it back together everytime she tries to start it up she told me it will not do anything but bring up a screen that says boot to cd? any suggestions on what to do, she does not want to lose all of her saved information ether because it includes a lot of school work.

I'm not sure on this at all but I'm going to post because it sounds good... When you install new hardware onto your mobo, like cpu etc.. I think it resets the bios or something, to default, so in this case maybe that happened *shrugs* I could be way off though.. ya know, like this could have been dumber than a deer running in front of a car.

Your friend's father most likely disconnected the computer when he installed the memory. The battery might have been bad and the bios resetted to defaults. Just enter BIOS (hit del on power up) and reselect the boot sequence so that you will boot from the HDD instead of the CD. You can also click N for NO when prompted to boot from CD or just wait a few seconds before it reverts back to the HDD on its own or remove the bootable CD from the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom