Compaq Presario C304NR

Status
Not open for further replies.

techleaner

In Runtime
My uncle borrowed someone money and they gave him this laptop to hold. Person will not pay him so he gets the laptop. Not sure what their relationship is. Anyways to the point The guy has a Power On Password my uncle don't know it and the guy that owes him money did not give it to him. My uncle wants me to help him not sure how to. My only guess is that he is screwed out of money until he pays him back. I'm not hacker so I don't know. Could I remove the CMOS battery? will that do it or is that only for BIOS Passwords and Toshiba's? Any help or comments will do thank you for your timed.

*edit*
Nevermind read the hp website and he is screwed!

How so is he screwed?

If this is at BIOS, just take the CMOS battery out, wait a few minutes and reinsert.

If it is at the OS level, there are many ways you can change that.

Nah its the (Power On Password), a password to even let the power on, it says on HP website that you have to take it to one of their places to have HP remove it.

now i've been reading around and some are saying taking apart the laptop and fiddling around with the cmos jumper but with this model i'm not sure where to look for this jumper cable and what pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom