MSI GTX 260

Status
Not open for further replies.

blasterfreak88

Baseband Member
I just purchased an MSI GTX260 on ebay and when I got it today I and installed it in my computer. I am using the MSI Afterburner to monitor the temps. And the idle temp is around 45C but it I start up 3dMark06 the temp goes up to about 75-80 at load. Is this ok? My 9600gt that I had before this only would get up to 70 max. The fan is set at 80 and all of the speeds are set to the default. I also have a 120mm fan in the side of the case pointing directly in at the video card.

Yeah, at 80% you should be in the 60's most likely. My recommendation is as slays is, return it, or get an after market cooler.

I am not sure the brand on the case but its an aluminum case from a few years ago. Its a full ATX with two 80mm pointing in along the bottom front and then a 120mm pointing in on the side, it also has two 80mm pointing out right by the cpu and one 80mm pointing straight out the top of the case. The card also has the huge shroud on it that blows the air from its fan out he back of the case. Would MSI warranty this card since its only a year old?

I just looked at my case and this is it except I have one 120mm fan in the window instead of two 80 http://www.silverpcs.com/product_info.php?products_id=80&osCsid=295448f70a1d0d9bc205b89e2ef03575

No they won't, because you didn't buy the card (at least that's the way it works here).

I'd suggest taking it up with the ebay seller. Don't take any crap from them if they try to say it's not 'broken'. It's not running at an acceptable temperature.

SO today I got home and ran the 3dMark06 test again. This time the room temp was about 69 where last night the room temp was close to 79. The idle temp of the card is now 42 and the max temp it got to during the test was 71c with the fan at 80% DO these temps sound better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom