BFBC2 Beta update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried to play tonight. Once it updated I was able to get on easily. I am still having the same issues (rubberband effect, non-responsiveness).

At one point I ran up to a shack, stepped out, and fired my RPG at what I think was an APC. Right as it was about to impact, I find myself running back up to the shack, stepping out... and standing there frozen... and I remained standing there frozen until someone popped me about four times.

Or where I spawned on a squadmate up on a hill. We were taking some kind of mortar fire, but I was frozen. Each shell knocked me further down the hill, only to have me rubberband back up and do it again. Yes, I died there, too.

Or where I am moving my mouse enough to have my dude breakdancing... and I turn about 20 degrees.

Or I attempt to fire off a burst of bullets and nothing comes out of my gun.

Or I fire a complete clip into a guy at a distance of about 15 feet with about half making contact (got the "X"), only to have him turn and waste me with a single burst.

Now, I realize that my CPU is getting pretty old, but I have a decent GFX card and plenty of RAM. I also realize that this is still a beta. But, geez, this is fracking ridiculous!

Tried to play tonight. Once it updated I was able to get on easily. I am still having the same issues (rubberband effect, non-responsiveness).

At one point I ran up to a shack, stepped out, and fired my RPG at what I think was an APC. Right as it was about to impact, I find myself running back up to the shack, stepping out... and standing there frozen... and I remained standing there frozen until someone popped me about four times.

Or where I spawned on a squadmate up on a hill. We were taking some kind of mortar fire, but I was frozen. Each shell knocked me further down the hill, only to have me rubberband back up and do it again. Yes, I died there, too.

Or where I am moving my mouse enough to have my dude breakdancing... and I turn about 20 degrees.

Or I attempt to fire off a burst of bullets and nothing comes out of my gun.

Or I fire a complete clip into a guy at a distance of about 15 feet with about half making contact (got the "X"), only to have him turn and waste me with a single burst.

Now, I realize that my CPU is getting pretty old, but I have a decent GFX card and plenty of RAM. I also realize that this is still a beta. But, geez, this is fracking ridiculous!
thats a bad connection my friend. This happens in every game when your connection is no longer communicating with the server/or at least not as much as it should. I have had this happen to me countless times on bad servers.

Doesn't matter now as the beta is over. Once the game is out I will set up a list of good servers.

If anyone's clan sets up a server, let us all know about it. My clan has kicked the idea around, but there has been very little activity in the clan as a whole for a while now (waiting on a game to focus on).

Trotter, i think you are just unfortunate.

After the recent patches the game performs much better for me, whereas before i would get variable FPS on medium settings - it's now smooth on high settings.

I never lag at all, no rubberbanding, and perfect hit registration. There has been well recognised rubber banding issues in the beta which hopefully will be fixed.

What was the ping of the servers you were trying to join, pretty low ?

The new clan i am helping to develop and form (Gamers Covenant, gamerscovenant.com) should have a server up hopefully, might struggle to pay for it though as we are only small at the moment and have no source of income (sponsors etc).

Yea, that sounds like connection issues. I don't seem to have much problem as long as I'm in a server with < 200 ping. L4D is unplayable with anything over about 125. It really just depends on the network code.

I was jumping in servers showing 65 or less, but I didn't check it once I got in and started trying to play.

I know i like BF2's server selection screen a lot better than BFBC2's.

Yea, I think the server browser on this game is junk. Not only does it take forever for servers to show up, but the filters don't really work for me.

Yea, I think the server browser on this game is junk. Not only does it take forever for servers to show up, but the filters don't really work for me.

They are non functional in the beta, in fact i seem to remember seeing somewhere that one of the EA guys said there wasn't even any code in the filters so they wouldn't work whatsoever.

Things like the server browser will be improved, i am sure. Remember you can't really compare the game fairly to something like BF2 which has had many many patches to sort things out and improve them.

Besides, DICE isn't exactley well known for making bug free games. Whilst there production quality in terms of good code is poor, the gameplay is always good i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom