Upcoming Radeon HD 5870 6 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Physical size yes, but that doesn't really matter - it's what resolution it's displaying at. Otherwise that's like saying all 32" TVs are better than 24" monitors, simply because of the bigger size even if they're 720p and 1200p respectively.

Edit: Though admittedly I do now see that 35g700 meant physical size, lol :p

lol yea I was arguing the physical size not resolution. But still even with that I'd rather look at an imax screen than a 4x6 array of monitors lol

ATI Eyefinity on six screens: first look review | PC Pro blog

Our previous encounter with Eyefinity came courtesy of a Chillblast machine which came with three monitors and enough gaming grunt to stretch the latest titles across its 5,760 x 1,080 native resolution.

ATI's much-rumoured Radeon HD 5870 Eyefinity 6 Edition boasts six DisplayPort outputs – although it's a standard HD 5870 under the hood – and ATI visited the PC Pro Lab yesterday to demonstrate gaming at a mighty resolution of 5,760 x 2,160.

Eyefinity-intro.jpg

If recent rumors prove genuine, then AMD will launch its new graphics adapters around the same time NVIDIA plans to release its GTX 480 and GTX 470 cards. These two models will be NVIDIA's first adapters to support DirectX 11 and will be built on the next-generation CUDA architecture known as Fermi. It is not exactly surprising to see AMD trying to take away its rival's spotlight by releasing its first Eyefinity 6 card.

They skipping out on 380 and 370? That's retarded. Just to make them sound better.

No, because there is already a GTX3 series - it's part of their mobile graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom