250-300$ budget build

Status
Not open for further replies.

k91133

Beta member
well i have some spare money to use on a new comp to replace my old out of date one. it will be used for light gaming and a bit of office use. What's the best i can get out of this? i'll be playing games such as, counter-strike, HoN,mw2,tf2 etc. i dont really care if i have to turn down the quality a bit, i just want to be able to play it without any lag.
~thanks

im really doubting the possibility of being able to make a build for this price. Do you need an os, monitor, keyboard, or mouse?

Here is my run down:
case 50
cpu 70
mobo 70
gpu 50 (for like crap)
hdd 50?
psu 50

EDIT:yeah missed ram..another 40-50 for cheap stuff.
thats 380 -390 right there, and that is some pretty bad stuff. Also no os if you need one.

im really doubting the possibility of being able to make a build for this price. Do you need an os, monitor, keyboard, or bouse?

Here is my run down:
case 50
cpu 70
mobo 70
gpu 50 (for like crap)
hdd 50?
psu 50

EDIT:yeah missed ram..another 40-50 for cheap stuff.
thats 380 -390 right there, and that is some pretty bad stuff. Also no os if you need one.
nope, i dont need os, monitor, keyboard, or mouse. case, i can hardly give a crap. just the main stuff.

^no on that psu...thats crap, you dont want to cheap on the psu, at minimum something like a 450vx.

Oh yes, because you can totally rape your wallet for a $70 PSU with a $300 build.

Your power draw wouldn't be higher than 250w on a build that cheap.
There's no reason to run for the Corsairs, Antecs, and Seasonics.

I've seen the HEC 585w run a 9800 GTX+ and i5 750 build.

I've also seen the HEC 485w run a 4850

OP Running his lowly 4670 should not run into any problems.

I found that you can do a build with a GT 240 for the same price or cheaper than doing one with a 4670.
Since the GT 240 outperforms the 4670, and still maintains fairly low power draw, I now recommend something more like this.

Oh yes, because you can totally rape your wallet for a $70 PSU with a $300 build.

Your power draw wouldn't be higher than 250w on a build that cheap.
There's no reason to run for the Corsairs, Antecs, and Seasonics.

I've seen the HEC 585w run a 9800 GTX+ and i5 750 build.

I've also seen the HEC 485w run a 4850

OP Running his lowly 4670 should not run into any problems.

it has nothign to do with the power draw what so ever. It has to do with the quality of the psu, and the quality of that psu is not good. You should NEVER run a computer on a crap psu, that is a sure fire way to get it to blow and take things with it. If there is any part in a computer that should not be cheaped out on it is the PSU. ALSO the 450vx was an example, not the exact psu he should get. Looking over the prices on newegg, the best psu that i can see for the cheapest amount is the antec earth watts 380w....its $39, or the antec earth watts 430. I mean the hec would get you by, but personally i think its pointless to buy that psu, when for like $10 you can ge the antec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom