$400 Laptop, Req.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fattty

Baseband Member
I currently have a Dell mini 10v which is great and i purchase for around $230 after bing cashback and all. I think its a nice little device and very handy but i am now looking for a better laptop that will last me the rest of my freshman-senior year of high school, until my parents buy me a laptop when i graduate for college. :big_grin:

I have saved up around $200 and am thinking that i should be able to get another $200 out of the netbook when i sell it. I have a list of requirments and some questions for my new laptop.
1). Dual core, 2ghz+
2). 3gb RAM. (maybe 2 if you give me good reason)
3). 250gb+ Hdd but not really that important.
4). Webcam.
5). Decent graphics card. (plays combat arms on high settings)
Screen size really isn't an issue since all laptops nowadays are usually 14+ in which is fine for me.

Any suggestions on a good laptop? I have found a few and want your opinions.
MSI A4000-069US 14" Laptop Intel 2.1GHz 3GB 250GB 6cell - eBay (item 200438702990 end time Mar-13-10 20:09:15 PST) (graphic card isn't so good :sad:)

Gateway MD-2614U 2.1GHz 3GB 250HD Webcam 15.6" Notebook - eBay (item 300399091646 end time Mar-21-10 17:04:37 PDT) lookin at this one, just wondering what games the HD 3200 can play. Heard it was integrated, but have seen youtube videos of crysis on the Hd 3200?

I wouldn't count on a $400 laptop to last through 3 and a half years of high school.

Well, i mean a netbook has already lasted me one whole year and has done everything i have thrown at it. (except Combat arms, But it does maplestory >.>) I have done numerous projects, webcam chatted, even used Sony Vegas Pro 9 on it and made Hd videos. I've played some games like Plants Vs. Zombies, Urban Terror, etc.
I'm not looking for something that will kill all the competition, just a laptop that can go on facebook, youtube, browse simple sites, and play combat arms. As long as it can do that, it will last ME 3 and a half years of high school :D

So.................. Any suggestions? :p

Looks nice, and i would totally jump on it if it was working but i have no idea how to fix it D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom