Slimline Grahpics Card and PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

k177sh0t

Solid State Member
I've replace my old computer with this HP Pavilion Slimline s5306uk-p buy online | Currys. and im looking for a good power supply and graphics card thats enough for games like fallout 3 and bioshock and etc.

I've already tried looking at overclockers and a couple of shops that probably sell the slimline PSU's and Graphics card and im having a hard time looking for the appropriate/suitable for my computer

I need an advice regarding slimline Graphics card and PSU's.

Thanks in advance.

You mean like a low profile graphics card?
There's the GT 240 which is low profile ready + powerful enough for those games.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gt-240,2475-13.html

http://www.google.com/product_url?q...BjCX_noP5LF56AAAAAAAAAAA&gl=us&hl=en&sa=title

http://www.provantage.com/xfx-gt240xzhfc~7PINE0K1.htm

XFX and EVGA have low profile versions of the card for sale.

The GT 240 from what I can tell on power consumption uses less than 70 watts at full load.
You may possibly get by with the existing PSU?
But if you want pretty much any 380w+ PSU from a good brand would be more than enough.
Good luck with finding a slimline PSU though.

orihS ‪‪‪Shiro;1777205 said:
You mean like a low profile graphics card?
There's the GT 240 which is low profile ready + powerful enough for those games.
Game Benchmarks: Fallout 3 - Review Tom's Hardware : GeForce GT 240: Low Power, High Performance, Sub-$100

Amazon.com: EVGA GeForce GT 240 1 GB DDR3 PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card 01G-P3-1235-LR: Electronics

PROVANTAGE: XFX GT240XZHFC Geforce GT240 PCIE 2.0 1GB DDR5 VGA DVI HDMI 550MHz

XFX and EVGA have low profile versions of the card for sale.

The GT 240 from what I can tell on power consumption uses less than 70 watts at full load.
You may possibly get by with the existing PSU?
But if you want pretty much any 380w+ PSU from a good brand would be more than enough.
Good luck with finding a slimline PSU though.

Hello Orihs

About the my current PSU, i havent opened it up since i might do something wrong with it, but i managed to get some sort of info at the back part of the machine regarding the wattage.

AC INPUT

100-127 V 6.0A

HP 50/60 hz

200-240 V 3.0A

i hope you could transalte this for me? :)

And about the graphics card, i cant seem to find the product thats in the "£" currency, but i researched on the Amazon.co.uk about Low Profile (LP) graphics card and found a few:

AXLE nVidia GeForce 9500 GT 1024MB DDR2 LOW Profile: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Asus Radeon HD 4650 PCI-E 2.0 W/LP 1GB Graphics Card: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Asus Radeon HD 3450 AGP W/LP 512MB Graphics Card: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

could you help choose from the three? and the wattage requirements if its capable on running on my HP slimline.

PS. ill look into more inside my hp slimline power supply

Those are just for the input, your house electricity.

The important information is on the side of the PSU which you'll have to open your case to see.

Those cards seem expensive to me... but the 4650 seems best out of those.

Those are just for the input, your house electricity.

The important information is on the side of the PSU which you'll have to open your case to see.

Hello Aliasiad

I opened up the machine and wrote down the info found on the side part of the small PSU

+3.3 V ------------------------16A Total 110W

+5.0V --------------------------15A

+12.0V------------------------16A Total 210W max
-12.0V------------------------0.3A

Total: 220w max

I cant find the socket where you insert the graphics card cable on the psu, since Graphics card uses extra power?

Thanks

Hello Aliasiad

I opened up the machine and wrote down the info found on the side part of the small PSU

+3.3 V ------------------------16A Total 110W

+5.0V --------------------------15A

+12.0V------------------------16A Total 210W max
-12.0V------------------------0.3A

Total: 220w max

I cant find the socket where you insert the graphics card cable on the psu, since Graphics card uses extra power?

Thanks

Bump* (keeping the thread alive) :)

regarding the 220w PSU, can it handle the 4650 graphics card?

Bump* (keeping the thread alive) :)

regarding the 220w PSU, can it handle the 4650 graphics card?

Possibly, I'll take a look.
I'll edit this post in a moment, though I'm pretty sure it could.

At full load the 4650 OC edition only draws 65~ watts.
So I believe your PSU can handle it.
It also does not need any 6 pin power connectors or anything like that.

So I'd bet your PSU can power it.

Also, I found this.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-ENGT22...8?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1267040164&sr=8-8

ATI Radeon? HD 4600 Series System Requirements

They say 400watt minimum for 4600 series cards. I wouldn't risk it with a 220 watt PSU.

Since the 4650 is low-profile it might be the 64bit version and not the 128bit version... i couldn't find it in the link though... so it may not perform like other 4650s out there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom