Solid State Member
PC:

Mobo: Abit NF-M25
HDD: Maxtor 100g
PSU: Xion 450w (came with case)
CPU: Amd Athlon 64 X2 (4000+)
GPU: Geforce 8500 GT
Fans: 4 - 60mm
Now my problem is that i can can boot to Bios and am able to change my settings then if i go any further or sit in bios to long my PC will turn off. Now it started with me being able to boot into windows then it would turn off in 10 min, then it became to what it is today. Now I believe my HDD has just crashed because now it wont even read but that's another problem. So i unplugged all my Extra Things like My HDD, Video Cards,Fans,so on...

Basically what im trying to ask here is this either a shortage in my motherboard or a power supple that isent holding power. I do not have an extra power supply i can try or else i would.

I am to believe it has to be a problem with the psu since i am still able to get into bios

Please help me out

check cpu temps in bios since it is shutting down after 10 minutes.

Are you overclocking? If so go back to stock settings for now.

no overclocking and the cpu isent over heating. and i just replaced the thermal paste

well now it wont even boot to the bios. i get one beep then the pc turns off. and its not the ohh **** my pc if **** beep

Not positive of the bios on that board but you can find beep code explanations here:
PCGuide - TSX - BIOS Beep Codes

Usually you are looking at a ram or gpu problem.
reseat both. as well as the pci-e connector from the psu to gpu if applicable.
reset cmos.

Put your hand close to the cpu heatsink as well to see if it is really hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom