new mobo, new probs

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am in the process (looooooong as it is) of reformatting......wahwahwah....I am generally such am impatient person that I hate having to reformat. Its so easy to tell another person to reformat but when it comes down to me doing it, well I just hate having to do it. I'll keep you posted as to the success.

btw, anyone have any opinions on the D865PERL Intel mobo that we got? seems to be a real good board and we wanted to go with name brand instead of the cheaper ones like DCI or PC Chips that were about 1/2 the price.

Well, thanks to your suggestions guys, I reformatted and all went well, though I just spent the last 2 1/2 hours formatting, installing win2k, about 50 some updates, and a bunch of other software for that computer. All is well and running smoooooooth. I shall take a pic or two of it tomorrow and post it. Its all new except for the cd drives. All new case, mobo, mem, vid card, HD, fans (yet to get LED's hahaha). I must say it is a great feeling when I build a computer right from scratch and it all comes together and works and looks good. Again thanks for the input peeple. :D

--Jak

nah, it was my friends computer which had been crashing on him overly consistant. he had been sitting on a brand new seagate for months and I had been after him to put it in cuz of his probs. finally it crashed completely for him. the comp was POS really and he'd also been wanting to upgrade the case and vid card....so this decided it for him, especially since he'd just gotten paid. heres the old and new specs:

OLD:
ECS K7VZA mobo
AMD 1g CPU
Winfast 64mb geforce2
512 pc 133 mem (2 sticks 128, 1 stick 256)
40g WD
Tattered case

New:
Intel D865PERL mobo (drool.....supports hyperthreading, optical port, 8 USB, SATA, firewire, 6 channel sound and ethernet)
2.0 Celeron (used to be my old CPU that I gave him)
ATI Radeon 9200 128mb vid
512 pc2700 Kingston RAM (1 stick)
80g Seagate HD
Winfast TV Tuner
Nice new shiny black case with a bunch new fans

With the old comp he had about $80 invested in it, now he has about $500 that we spent putting it together. The only thing original in it from the old comp is the PSU and DVD/CD Roms and Floppy.

--Jak

Well you wouldn't have been frusterated so much in the first place if you would have followed the basic rule of formatting when installing a major component :D Because more than likely if you would have just done that it would have all booted up fine the first time

sometimes it goes very well...my dad fried his Aopen mobo, wich sucks IMO...and he succesfully connected his HD's with windows to his new MSI board without problems and we finally got rid of the damn AC97 sound codec

its always been hit and miss with transferring HD's to different mobos in the past for me. I had done it with the mobo and hd i am using right this second with no probs. like i said i was just being a lazy bum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom