Custom build crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how confident you are with computers, but maybe you can take out some of the ram and test them one at a time to see if you run into the same problem.

Not sure how confident you are with computers, but maybe you can take out some of the ram and test them one at a time to see if you run into the same problem.

I feel safe enough to do that. I've opened a few before. (and learned my lesson with static.. :_:) So should I just remove all but one stick and run the same test ?

I feel safe enough to do that. I've opened a few before. (and learned my lesson with static.. :_:) So should I just remove all but one stick and run the same test ?

Is this what I should do?

Yes, you should take out all the others and only have 1 stick in. If it fails, try a different ram stick. Than if this fails also try a different ram slot on the motherboard, etc.

Sounds like it is overheating. Try taking the system apart and reassembling it ensure the CPU heatsink is on securely.

Sounds like it is overheating. Try taking the system apart and reassembling it ensure the CPU heatsink is on securely.

That was my first guess too, I told him earlier to check out his temps...he did say his cpu was running in the 40's. However I'm just not sure how accurate his external thermal monitor is, thus better to double check with other programs to compare.

When you do take the RAM sticks out and test them one at a time and everything, could you let us know what brand and model they are too?
And possibly what model your motherboard is?
I know there are some RAM/Motherboard issues that can only be solved by manually setting RAM voltages or timings in the BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom