Birthday Gift Rate this rig Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenNewb

Beta member
Hi everyone my father brought this rig for me from Ibuypower, Im not very good at computer parts whats good whats not but after doing some research I know he spent more money than he should have. Any way my questions are all these parts compatiple for gaming (will it run the newer games) and some digital photoshop work and some sound work recording some music. I know he could have done better cheaper but...
Case CoolerMaster HAF 932 Full Tower Gaming Case Internal Expansion [4-Port] iBUYPOWER Internal USB Expansion System
Processor [== Quad Core ==] AMD Phenomâ„¢ II X4 965 Black Edition Quad-Core CPU
Processor Cooling Asetek Liquid CPU Cooling System (AMD)
Memory 8 GB [2 GB X4] DDR3-1333 Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand ** Free Upgrade to DDR3-1600 **
Video Card ATI Radeon HD 5870 - 1GB - CrossFire Mode (Dual Cards)
Motherboard [CrossFire] ASUS M4A79T Deluxe -- AMD 790FX CrossFire Chipset w/8-ch HD Audio, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, 2 PCI-E MB
Power Supply 1000 Watt -- Extreme Power Supply - [Gaming Series] Quad SLI + Active PFC
Primary Hard Drive 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 3.0Gb/s - Single Drive
Data Hard Drive None
Optical Drive 22X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black
2nd Optical Drive 22X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black
Flash Media Reader/Writer 12-In-1 Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer - Black
Meter Display NZXT Sentry 2 LCD Touch Screen Fan Controller /w Temperatures Display - Black
Sound Card Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
Network Card Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + [Free 60-Day !!!] Microsoft Office 2007(Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access ....) - 64-Bit
Keyboard Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
Mouse Logitech G9X Laser Gaming Mouse
Monitor 22" Widescreen LCD 1680x1050 Sceptre X22WG-1080P - Built-in Speaker, DVI Input
Speaker System iBUYPOWER 2.1 Channel Stereo Super Bass Subwoofer Speaker System

Welcome to Tech-Forums, BenNewb!!!

I'd say that's a pretty nice rig for gaming. With that monitor's resolution you can play pretty much any game out there right now. I actually have that same exact monitor. It's pretty nice.

Nice b-day gift. Happy Birthday, if it wasn't too long ago.

your dad probably paid a pretty penny for that, but it is a nice rig :)

that should easily handle newer games; it's got the best single-gpu gfx card currently out.

the only other gfx card currently out that is better than what you already have is basically 2 hd 5870s in one.

enjoy it :)

^ well the 295 and 5870 trade blows depending on the game. but the only gpu out right now that is hands down better than either of those is the 5970.

thank you for the quick responses . If Im reading this order confirmation correctly it has 2X 5870s
Guess Ill see it when it gets here its in the mail...My dad is deployed and ordered it from over there. Is this A machine I can upgrade fairly easily I go to college next year and Ill be taking it with me and want to make it last as long as possible

Very nice gift...... verhy nice.

I don't think it was all that overpriced, and as stated, it'll blast through 99% of games. The quad will be great for graphics an d audio work.

They over spec'd the power supply, and I'd look into a 2nd hard drive ~$100 bucks for another 1T drive.

Welcome to the forum.

Edit

I believe you're right on the dual cards...... Can I have your Dad??

well the 295 and 5870 trade blows depending on the game. but the only gpu out right now that is hands down better than either of those is the 5970.

no, if you average the amount of times the cards are better then each other from a wide variety of benchmarks/games, the 295 win, meaning on average it is the better card.

They over spec'd the power supply, and I'd look into a 2nd hard drive ~$100 bucks for another 1T drive.
you know, i never get why people recomend a lot of hard drive space when they have no information. He could use bearly anything...photoshop work,games, and audio stuff is not that big.

^ a 295 is a dual GPU card. the 5870 is a single GPU card. (I believe that's what he was referring to)

Very, very nice build! You'll be able to max any game that hits the shelves (except maybe Crysis 2 :( ) for the next at least eight months. I've had my rig for about eight, and it's still maxing out everything I throw at it, Crysis included :tongue:

Very nice gift...... verhy nice.

I don't think it was all that overpriced, and as stated, it'll blast through 99% of games. The quad will be great for graphics an d audio work.

Welcome to the forum.

Edit

I believe you're right on the dual cards...... Can I have your Dad??

Nah he is a keeper even before the comp... he just likes to think ahead. I told him I needed a comp for school and college and he is the get what you pay for kinda guy. I didnt even know he knew stuff like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom