Quick Vid Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelm3103

Fully Optimized
Let's just say I have a mobo supporting either integrated video or external (GFX Card) video.

Scenario Items:
Mobo as mentioned above.
Random AGP card.
No spare parts.

I know sometimes you have to disable the integrated video for the card to work, but lets assume we're testing this card as we don't know if it works surely. If I do disable the integrated video and the card does not respond, does it have any way to enable the integrated video again without using another card to see what's going on? Or will it detect and enable automatically when the AGP card is taken out?

I think that it well default back to the onboard video if there is no other video available. That right, in thinking?

Well in thinking ya, but I'm not exactly sure. Friend got a PC and I wanna try it on, but in the case of not coming on by default...not sure how exactly I would enable it back since I got no other AGP cards.

Shouldn't you be able to access the BIOS?
If not, you can reset the CMOS and go from there.

Well my friend will be coming over in a bit, going to try this scenario with his PC. Since I got no use for my card and we're not totally sure if it's working; and his PC being the only 1 avail with an AGP slot lol. I'll update as time goes.

Edit: Well it was a no-go. GFX card is dead most likely, didn't work on his system :(. Tried looking for an option to disable the onboard-vid, none really but I did set in the BIOS to look for card in the AGP slot and still nothing. The card is like...2 years+ old, so I'm guessing it's a natural thing to have failed.

I think you can safely assume the card does not work at this point.
Lol yes most likely, but I would be more satisfied if I had another card (working of course) to totally eliminate my card from the working/not working/maybe bracket.

Edit: Found it weird though, how like all my parts failed around the same time
f05cb495983155f7bcea9b20381f74a9.gif
, motherboard most likely kicked the bucket also...RAM has departed from me (getting errors and blue screens last time I checked with it). Anyways time to move on anyhow lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom