netbooks can only go to google??? What is happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesx4911

In Runtime
Ok, I have two netbooks, they are acer aspire ones, I just purchased one last night I took it out the box used it for a while and it was working good, surfed the internet for a bit. Than I decided to load up Windows 7 on it. After the install I installed some software and such, and than I decided I wanted to go and install firefox. So i went to google first and it came right up but than when I tried to go to firefoxs site it would just hang while loading. After about 5 mins I came to the conclusion i could only go to google and do a search, but whenever i tried to go outside of google it would never load. I pinged yahoo and some other sites and it was working, but it never loads up on IE. My other netbook does the same as well which is running windows 7, and it only happens at my home network. I must ask WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON? lol Im very curious now. ANyone ever had this happen before? And whats the solution?

Seems weird, what are all the software installed between the time Windows 7 was installed to Firefox being installed? Also is IE loading any pages at all? Is it set to "Work Offline"? Also you set up the network home or someone else did?

Seems weird, what are all the software installed between the time Windows 7 was installed to Firefox being installed? Also is IE loading any pages at all? Is it set to "Work Offline"? Also you set up the network home or someone else did?

The only thing I installed between windows 7 and firefox was office 2007 and that was it. The only thing IE loads is google and thats it lol, and its not set as offline. I set up the network, and I have checked everything and it should be connecting lol.

Have you checked all the settings on your router? Is it blocking any specific websites? If you try to load something else on IE or Firefox, what happens next? Does it time out or just loads slowly?

yup, I have checked everything on the router, i disabled everything on it temporaily and still the same issue. If I try to load up something on IE or Fox it just load hella slow, and never shows up lol. Im going to call comcast and tell them to upgrade my router, I heard a lot of people had a firmware update and that fixed it or just got another router.

I believe its the network card, it works ok in xp but not in vista/windows 7. I have only had issues from netbooks running same OS. But I will posts my results, thanx :)

Lol yeah trying updating your network driver. You can check the manufacture's website and see what's the latest drivers they got and install it...but that would involves going out of google :(. If you have another PC available, you can download the driver updates if there is any, transfer it to your PC with the problems and try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom