Slow Operation Speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

MythicX

Solid State Member
Hi,
Recently, over the last 2 weeks or so, my PC has been running much slower than it should. This includes boot times, load times, program startup times etc. I have attempted to locate a cause, but have been unsuccessful in doing so.

As far as I know, it is NOT software related, as I have tried rollbacks by restoring and have reinstalled windows.

Memory usage is quite low at all times, as usual (Under 50%), and CPU usage at times is under load but not always.

I have checked temps of hardware and it all seems to be running at more than acceptable temperatures...
(Currently reading
Motherboard: 34C
CPU: 49C
GPU: 43C
HDD: 33C

I don't know if this would have any effect, but a long while back the Heatsink fan on the CPU died, and I had to replace it. During this time the computer was shutting down due to excess CPU temperatures and it was a while before I realised what was causing the problem (Thought it was software related shutdowns, tried reinstalling windows etc and during the attempts and research the PC shut off numerous times)

Sometimes during the slow loading, there is a kind of "crackling" sounding noise coming from the computer, not similar to that of the usual hard drive sounds.

I am running Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit.

Any help you could give would be great, and any further info you may require I can provide.

Thank you.

Have you checked task manager to ensure there is nothing eating up CPU time?

I realize this is a new install, but since it has gotten worse over time check to ensure you don't have malware / virus's.

Have you checked task manager to ensure there is nothing eating up CPU time?

I realize this is a new install, but since it has gotten worse over time check to ensure you don't have malware / virus's.

Yeah, nothing unusual is running afaict. Ran virus scans, spyware scans - few tracing cookies found nothing major. I am using Kaspersky Internet Security 2010, and I scanned the spyware seperately with both Ad-Aware Pro and Spyware Doctor on separate occasions.

Also, i wouldnt really say it was over time, seemed to be from around 2 weeks ago it kind of suddenly started.

Could have been an update from windows or a new driver that was downloaded in the recent weeks.

Possibly, ill look into any known issues with recent Win7 updates that could have caused it and get back to you. I havent installed any new drivers in the recent weeks.

Nothing discovered about Win7 updates causing slow speeds, not sure what the problem is :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom