3D stereoscope and movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hampton

Yee Ol' Salt
I just saw the movie Avatar and wow that was cool, me and the wife kept our 3D glasses because we have some 3D movies at home.

I started Jaws 3D and saw that the new glasses didn't work.

how many different types of 3D movies out there that you need special glasses for?

Also I had seen that Nvidia has a stereo scope that you can buy glasses and a IR reciever, how much would that really be worth paying $100 for?

there are a load of movies coming out in 2010 that are going to be in 3D like Avatar, so I imagine they will be the same type of 3D?

Once they are released on blueray will those home releases be in 3D as well?

I just saw the movie Avatar and wow that was cool, me and the wife kept our 3D glasses because we have some 3D movies at home.

I started Jaws 3D and saw that the new glasses didn't work.

how many different types of 3D movies out there that you need special glasses for?

Also I had seen that Nvidia has a stereo scope that you can buy glasses and a IR reciever, how much would that really be worth paying $100 for?

there are a load of movies coming out in 2010 that are going to be in 3D like Avatar, so I imagine they will be the same type of 3D?

Once they are released on blueray will those home releases be in 3D as well?

Really depends on what kind of glasses you have. What kind are they?

But, if you want to try out some 3D gaming, get some old red and blue 3D glasses and enable nvidia's 3d stereoscopic gaming thing. It's really cool, but it will give you a headache until you get use to it. Also it takes a good 1/3 of your FPS away.

The glasses you got with Avatar are specialized glasses. The only way they have a chance of working at home is if you own a 3D TV.... You will need one for any form of 3D bluray disc....

samsung plasma..

I made some and the 3d jaws movie kinda worked until the ink dried.. lol but yea where can I get a pair of the old blue and red's?

the stereo scope thing for nvidia was asking for an IR reciever when I tried to run it..

samsung plasma..

I made some and the 3d jaws movie kinda worked until the ink dried.. lol but yea where can I get a pair of the old blue and red's?

the stereo scope thing for nvidia was asking for an IR reciever when I tried to run it..

I dont know, we just had a few pairs laying around my house and I was like "oohh cool, I wonder if this will work with Nvidia's 3D."

You should be able to skip that step, and say you just have the old red and blue glasses.

There's 3 main types of 3D i'm aware of, anaglyph which uses a pair of different coloured lenses to focus your eyes on separate parts of the image, there's a clear type of glasses (not sure how these work) and there's alternating LCD shutter glasses that blank each eye alternately.

The clear type work by reflecting certain wavelengths of color and letting others pass through.
Left eye lens lets X nm wavelength through
Right eye lens lets Y nm wavelength through
Creates a 3d image much the same way red and blue glasses do.
In essence, they aren't any different than the blue/red glasses to my knowledge, as they do the same thing pretty much, it's just they found a way to do it with a clear film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom