Pop-up?

MindoverMaster

Golden Master
popup.jpg

Is there a way to turn this off? If I look at the thread title, and have my mouse slightly above, I can't read the whole thing. :umm:

Yes, I could move my mouse, but it's just nerve wracking.

Really you cant just move your mouse? That is the Alt Text and as far as i know cant be disabled. Easiest thing to do, dont hover over the topics when you scroll. Keep it off to the left side and then use the up and down arrows.

Yeah I just put my mouse to the right of the titles and scroll. As long as you are not over the title no pop up.

If it is an alt text feature, then you can probably turn it off. If you use firefox, there is an addon that can control active parts of web pages I am pretty sure. I will look, but I think grease monkey could do it. You might have to write a script though.

EDIT: i have been playign with grease monkey, and you can definately do it. You need to know what element it is in the web page and you can find a script to disable it. If it has an ID, it would be really simply to remove, if not, and it is an alt text, then you would be removing all the alt text things. Which should not really be an issue.

EDIT: After researching more, I think the better way to do this will be with javascript. I will look into writing a quick script and see what I can do. I might be able to, I might not.

Ok. I am double posting, so the person sees that there is an update. I have a fix for you.
removeTitlesComputerForums for Greasemonkey
install grease monkey, then install that script, then reload your page. That shoudl fix it.

EDIT: If you need help, PM me.

grease monkey no. There is a way to put the scripts in chrome though... I can work on that if you want?

Back
Top Bottom