Heatsink Removal Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

MythicX

Solid State Member
Hi,
Im having a really hard time trying to remove my CPU's Heatsink. I have tried pressing the clips, pulling the clips, pull/turn, push/turn both ways everything, and am in fear of breaking the clips or the heatsink.

If anyone could advise me if there are any tricks to getting the thing loose, I would be greatly appreciative.

The heatsink I have on my computer is a Spire CoolFlow III (I think, its either that or one extremely similar).

Here is a link : SP550S7-CoolFlow III™

Thanks for your time!

Are you saying that you can't get the clips out of the motherboard? You should be able to turn the clips a certain way and it should come right out.

Are you saying that you can't get the clips out of the motherboard? You should be able to turn the clips a certain way and it should come right out.

That's right, I've tried for a good 30 minutes.. they just seem to be totally stuck. Tried forcing them a certain way and they still don't budge! :S

looking at the manual I would turn the black part of the push pin counter clockwise then pull up.

Worst case you can pull the mother board to see how they work underneath the board.

looking at the manual I would turn the black part of the push pin counter clockwise then pull up.

Worst case you can pull the mother board to see how they work underneath the board.

Gave that a go just now, it doesnt "turn" it bends or leans to the side. After doing this, I cant seem to see a way of pulling it up =\. Its really frustrating because I know that there is either going to be a stupidly simple solution or itll break lol!

I've found that you have to sometimes have three of those pins pushed and turned at the same time - requiring a third hand.

I've found that you have to sometimes have three of those pins pushed and turned at the same time - requiring a third hand.

Ok, thanks, Ill try that out in a little while and let you know, though im having trouble even turning one lol :S ... Poor design imo =\

Hi, I gave it a go for about another 30 minutes. I'm getting seriously frustrated now, i can't for the life of me get the clips to budge, and my fingers are really hurting from trying to force the clips due to so many failed attemps. My brother also tried helping me for a good 20 minutes, and its proving to be a seriously difficult task for some reason. What a terrible design on the product.

They don't push in, they dont twist / turn because theyre right up against the heatsink / fan case. They wobble a little side to side, but dont go any further even when forcing.. :S

There must be some nak to it, but I cant figure it out. I don't know how to get the heatsink off without doing some bad damage to the mobo or destroying the part itself.

Does anyone else have any suggestions??

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom