Biostar TA790XE AM2+/AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD motherboard
GeForce 9800 GTX + 512mb 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x 16 HDCP ready
G SKill Ddr2 (2x2gb) 4gb total 240-pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066
AMD Athlon II X2 250 Regor 3.0GHz socket AM3 65W Dual-core processor
Raidmax Hybrid 2RX-730SS 730W ATX12V V2.2
RAIDMAX Hurricane ATX-248WB black secc ATX Mid tower Computer
+ mouse and keyboard
for total of
Would you say this is worth it for a gaming computer to play mostly any game?
If you say no please comment on what i also would have to change or what i should get?

Looks OK, The 9800GTX would struggle at high resolutions with AA applied to most games. Look for something like a GTX 260 core 216/ HD 5770/ HD 4890/HD 4870 or better.

Im also woundering could you help me set up a beasty gaming computer cause im not sure if my friend is telling truth how good this is?

Yes sir it can =) thanks for ur help now could i use a different case? like a blue stylish one?

^ yep, any case that fits a ATX motherboard will work. Cases are mostly personal preference. Just avoid cases that come with PSU's (Power Supplies). The cases them selves are probably fine, but it's the PSU you gotta worry about.

if you spring for philbar's build, i would defenitely go with that instead.
and i know we should take newegg reviews with a grain o' salt, but they aren't looking too good for that evga mobo.

i would get this one
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P55M-UD2 LGA 1156 Intel P55 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
which got a pretty good review (found here).

and the psu is also a bit overkill. you could save some money with this ocz 500w in this combo.
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

if you spring for philbar's build, i would defenitely go with that instead.
and i know we should take newegg reviews with a grain o' salt, but they aren't looking too good for that evga mobo.

i would get this one
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P55M-UD2 LGA 1156 Intel P55 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
which got a pretty good review (found here).

and the psu is also a bit overkill. you could save some money with this ocz 500w in this combo.
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Hey, that's the board i was looking for. I could not find it.

I cant believe that evga micro doesnt not allow even timing/speed tweaks for the memory. If those guys on newegg are correct, that's something you'd expect from a low-end asrock or intel board. The worst thing is when modules dont run correctly from first build becuase the spd is messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom