PC Chips - no sound with XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hucfinn

Beta member
Hi - I am working on a PC Chips M921 motherboard with a P4 1.5GHZ processor, 384MB Ram. Everything installed OK. The correct driver has been loaded for the onboard sound, it is enabled in the bios, and Windows shows it is loaded, but there is no sound. I have tried 2 different sets of speakers. I have also disabled the sound, and tried 3 different sound cards, which I know work, drivers load OK according to windows, and all I get is static noise through them. I have updated the bios on the MB, and the proper VIA 4-1 driver. I am lost. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Motherboard Faulty, definately.

as if it would have been the case for some other manufacturer like asus, abit, gigabyte, msi etc, i would have doubted.

have you checked sound control panel's settings?

The sound cards I have tried, including the on board sound have always worked with the speakers I have. There is static coming out of the speakers. I have tried reinstalling the motherboard in a different case, but no go. I have also tried a network card in the PCI slot, and they work fine, just can't get any sound.

I think I am just going to trash the board.

Thank you anyway

Try different versions of the drivers. PC Chip Motherboards have been know for being fussy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom